After downloading the vienna installation file from ThemeForest, extract it and in the extracted folder locate the viennawp.zip file. You can then install the vienna theme using one of two methods described below.
It really doesn’t matter at all which one of these techniques you want to use, so choose the one which seems to make more sense to you.
- WordPress upload – For most users, this is probably the simplest installation method. To install the vienna theme using this method, please follow these steps:
- Login to your WordPress admin panel
- Navigate to Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload Theme
- Click on Choose File and select viennawp.zip
- Click on Install Now
- FTP upload – If you would like to install the vienna theme via FTP, please follow these steps:
- Extract the viennawp.zip file you previously located. You should now see a folder named viennawp
- Using an FTP client, login to the server where your WordPress website is hosted
- Using an FTP client, navigate to the /wp-content/themes/ directory under your WordPress website’s root directory
- Using an FTP client, upload the previously extracted viennawp folder to the themes directory on your remote server
Once the installation is complete, your Vienna theme will be ready for use. Now all you need to do is navigate to Appearance > Themes and activate the theme. After you have done this, you should see there one more theme called Vienna. Find it and just click Activate (if theme was uploaded via FTP).
Or click Activate right after theme was installed (if it was installed with Theme Uploader)
After you have done this, you should also see notification that appears in the left navigation bar of your WordPress admin panel. It require plugins that need to be installed. Please install and activate all of the required plugins, since they are necessary for the theme to function properly
Installation(Import Demo Content)
After activating theme will be opened quick setup wizard. It will help you to install theme required plugins, demo content. Just in a few clicks your website will be ready for use.
Read welcome message and click “Let’s Go!”.
Wizard will ask you to install theme required plugins. Click “Continue” and it will install and activate all required plugins.
Default Content. You need to select DEMO DATA, just click on Vienna image. Than by clicking “Continue” setup wizard will import all demo data – pages, posts, and media files. Please note that import provess will take time needed to download all attachments.
Theme customization. Here you can read information about widgets and child theme. Click “Continue”.
That’s all! Theme required plugins were installed and demo content was imported.
You can update your theme by performing the following steps:
- Download the latest theme .zip file from ThemeForest
- Extract it and locate viennawp.zip
- Extract viennawp.zip and locate the viennawp folder
- Copy/Replace the contents of the viennawp folder to the /wp-content/themes/viennawp folder of your web site.