In this section of the User Guide we will discuss how to install and set up the WooCommerce eCommerce plugin with Hawa.
Hawa comes with WooCommerce integration, which allows you to easily create an online shop. For more information on installing and configuring WooCommerce, please visit this page:
In order to set up WooCommerce with the Hawa theme, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Plugins > Add New from your WordPress admin panel.
2. Type “WooCommerce” in the search field.
3. Locate “WooCommerce – excelling eCommerce” in the search results and click on Install Now.
4. Once the installation has completed, click on Activate Plugin.
5. You will now see a notice saying “Welcome to WooCommerce – You’re almost ready to start selling :)”. If you plan on importing demo content, click on Skip Setup. Otherwise, click Install Pages
6. If you plan on importing demo content, you should first set the product image sizes in order to achieve the same look as on our demo sites. Navigate to WooCommerce > Settings and click the Products tab, and then the Display within the Products tab . Under the section Product Images, enter the same values that we did:
Note: if you wish to modify these sizes at a later date, you may need to regenerate thumbnails in order for it to take effect. This can be done with the following plugin: http://wordpress.org/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/.